Living the Life of Lollipops and Laughs

Ever wondered what it would be like to live a life where fingers are almost always sticky, gum in the hair is a usual occurance, and laughter abounds? Well--we're living it!! Maybe you already know that life well, and if so, this blog will take you on a walk down memory lane or maybe let you know that your family isn't all that crazy afterall...
Welcome to Lollipops and Laughs--a daily journal of the life of the Fiebiger family. We hope you will enjoy reading our posts and looking at the pictures. If you drop by, leave a comment...we would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

...A Dream Come True

Okay--admittedly, it has been WAY too long since my last post. Although not a valid excuse, things have been extremely hectic around here, to say the very least. With all that said, lets move on to the good stuff.
This morning, we were going through our usual Wednesday morning routine, with me running around like crazy trying to get everyone dressed for school, with no injuries or fights breaking out. Luckily, there were no injuries this morning, but as usual, there were two fights between the siblings...I'm used to it by now. So....I'm tying Carter's shoes and I noticed it was unusually quiet all of a sudden. I look over and see Marlie looking out the window by the door. She looked so cute standing there in her striped leggings, long-sleeved hooded shirt, flower in her hair and a purple princess dress over her clothes. I went on getting lunches and backpacks ready and I heard her say in a very sweet, almost dreamy voice.."It's like a dream come true." I look over at her and she's still standing at the window. Carter asked her, "What's like a dream come true?" And her response was, "I've been dreaming of this day my whole life! I can't believe it....the leaves are actually FALLING!" Carter didn't think it was so magical..."Marlie, that's not a dream come true!!" To which she responded...(in not such a sweet voice), "YES. IT. IS!!!! I can't believe the leaves are finally falling!!"
Oh to be four again and notice the small things and see them as big things.
Yesterday afternoon, a strange thing happened. It was 4:30, both kids were home, and it was quiet, with the exception of occasional laughs...not screams, but LAUGHS. I was happily checking my email, so with the fear of "rocking the boat", so to speak, I didn't get up to investigate. When I finally did look around the corner to see why in the world Carter and Marlie were actually laughing together instead of the usual...I saw every pillow and blanket in the house, including all the ones off the beds, linen closet, etc. at the bottom of the stairs with the kids jumping off the 5th stair onto the soft pile. I told them to move to the 3rd stair instead, but to continue jumping onto the pile. Am I a terrible mother or what?! I was so excited that they were actually having fun together, that I didn't even make them stop. I told them that they had to move down, because I really wasn't in the mood for an ER trip for a broken bone....to which they happily agreed. Chad wasn't so happy when he came home, as I was on my way out the door to Bunco. I just said,"...make them pick it all up when they're done. Love you!"
Oh, the things I will do (or tolerate, in this case) for a little peace and laughter.

No comments: