Last night, Graeson was crying--well, I guess to say that he was crying would be an understatement. He was actually screaming. Marlie was sitting at the kitchen table and as I walked in holding Graeson, she said, "I know a trick." Not realizing what she meant, I said, "What trick do you know?", totally thinking that she was going to show me that she could make a quarter appear or something. Instead, she said, "I know a trick to make Graeson stop crying. Bring him to me." I did as instructed, and she cuddled his face close to hers, put her hands on his cheeks and said, "shhhhh, shhhhh, shhhhh, see--it works!" Much to my amazement, he stopped crying, until she stopped. Then he started crying again. I tried Marlie's "trick" and it worked for a split second, but then she tried it again herself, and he got quiet. She's such a sweet big sister to him, and I think that he knows it. He always looks at her whenever she's around. She'll teach him a lot, which could be a good thing, or it could be a very very bad thing. Either way, though, I can already tell that he is really going to look up to his big sister.
Living the Life of Lollipops and Laughs
Ever wondered what it would be like to live a life where fingers are almost always sticky, gum in the hair is a usual occurance, and laughter abounds? Well--we're living it!! Maybe you already know that life well, and if so, this blog will take you on a walk down memory lane or maybe let you know that your family isn't all that crazy afterall...
Welcome to Lollipops and Laughs--a daily journal of the life of the Fiebiger family. We hope you will enjoy reading our posts and looking at the pictures. If you drop by, leave a comment...we would love to hear from you!
Welcome to Lollipops and Laughs--a daily journal of the life of the Fiebiger family. We hope you will enjoy reading our posts and looking at the pictures. If you drop by, leave a comment...we would love to hear from you!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Shhhhh....
Last night, Graeson was crying--well, I guess to say that he was crying would be an understatement. He was actually screaming. Marlie was sitting at the kitchen table and as I walked in holding Graeson, she said, "I know a trick." Not realizing what she meant, I said, "What trick do you know?", totally thinking that she was going to show me that she could make a quarter appear or something. Instead, she said, "I know a trick to make Graeson stop crying. Bring him to me." I did as instructed, and she cuddled his face close to hers, put her hands on his cheeks and said, "shhhhh, shhhhh, shhhhh, see--it works!" Much to my amazement, he stopped crying, until she stopped. Then he started crying again. I tried Marlie's "trick" and it worked for a split second, but then she tried it again herself, and he got quiet. She's such a sweet big sister to him, and I think that he knows it. He always looks at her whenever she's around. She'll teach him a lot, which could be a good thing, or it could be a very very bad thing. Either way, though, I can already tell that he is really going to look up to his big sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SO SO SWEET!!! She has always been really sweet and very entertaining when we are around you guys. Miss you lots. What a beautiful baby he is
So sweet!
Post a Comment