Living the Life of Lollipops and Laughs

Ever wondered what it would be like to live a life where fingers are almost always sticky, gum in the hair is a usual occurance, and laughter abounds? Well--we're living it!! Maybe you already know that life well, and if so, this blog will take you on a walk down memory lane or maybe let you know that your family isn't all that crazy afterall...
Welcome to Lollipops and Laughs--a daily journal of the life of the Fiebiger family. We hope you will enjoy reading our posts and looking at the pictures. If you drop by, leave a comment...we would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Thankful

What is that saying..."out of the mouths of babes..."? Well, it certainly has a lot of meanings around our house. Every year at preschool and now in Kindergarten, the kids are asked what they are thankful for. This year, Marlie is thankful for her "mom and dad" (what is she, like 17?), Carter, her bed, the rain, God, and her tiger. The funny thing about that last thing that she is thankful for is that she doesn't have a tiger. When I asked her about it she said that she's thankful for the tiger that she will get for Christmas named "tigger". Who knows.
Carter is thankful for his Mommy and Daddy, Marlie, his toys, Marlie's toys, his house, his dogs, his cat, his fish (all 5 of them) and Jesus. I have to say that I am very proud of the kids for thinking about some things other than "things". I know that it would have been easy to say that they are thankful for their games, toys, leapsters, etc. and nothing else, and while its good to be thankful for the things that we have, it is also good to remember to be thankful for the little things and for the people in our lives.
No matter what happens in our lives; the hardships, the struggles...I can always be thankful for my family and the love that abounds within it. I am trying everyday to be thankful for today...what is happening today...and always find some good in it. When the kids are being difficult I have to remind myself to be patient and know that someday I will look back and laugh and miss these days so much it hurts. Right now, it just hurts, no I mean literally it HURTS...but I know that eventually it will hurt in a different way, a good way. Let's remember what is really important in our lives and just be thankful.

No comments: