Okay--Carter has been saving up to buy a particular toy from Toys-R-Us for a few weeks now, but our trip to Super Wal-Mart last night was just more than he could handle, and he spent some of his money. He decided to get a set of walkie-talkies since he and Marlie could both use them. We got home too late last night for them to try them out, so first thing this morning, while I'm trying to fix lunches, brush hair and tie shoes, I was also figuring out how to install the batteries in the walkie-talkies. Once the batteries were installed and I had figured out how to turn them on, the kids grabbed them and started running. Carter went upstairs and I heard him on Marlie's end...."Marlie bird, do you read me? Over."
Marlie: "I read you loud and clear, Bubba bird. Over and out. 10-4."
Carter: "Marlie! Don't forget to hold down the button the WHOLE time you're talking or I can't hear you."
Marlie: "I pledge allegance to the flag of the United Stapes of Amerita and to the Republic for which it stands...one station under God, imdivistable, with liberty and justice for all. Over."
Carter: "Marlie! Quit saying the plede of allegance!"
Marlie: "Jesus loves me this I know....for the Bible tells me so...."
Carter: "Marlie! Stop SINGING SO LOUD!!!"
Marlie: "Carter. Where are you? How can you hear me? Over and out. 10-4"
Carter: "I'm upstairs!"
Lets just say that I got a great laugh at the start of my hectic Wednesday. Where, by the way, did they learn the lingo, is what I want to know....I'm pretty sure I know where Marlie learned it, but Carter, I have no idea. I know that Marlie has a new favorite show--"Olivia" and on one of the episodes, she was using a walkie-talkie with one of her friends. The things these kids pick up. Its actually quite scary, but I guess they could be picking up worse things...
Living the Life of Lollipops and Laughs
Ever wondered what it would be like to live a life where fingers are almost always sticky, gum in the hair is a usual occurance, and laughter abounds? Well--we're living it!! Maybe you already know that life well, and if so, this blog will take you on a walk down memory lane or maybe let you know that your family isn't all that crazy afterall...
Welcome to Lollipops and Laughs--a daily journal of the life of the Fiebiger family. We hope you will enjoy reading our posts and looking at the pictures. If you drop by, leave a comment...we would love to hear from you!
Welcome to Lollipops and Laughs--a daily journal of the life of the Fiebiger family. We hope you will enjoy reading our posts and looking at the pictures. If you drop by, leave a comment...we would love to hear from you!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment