I woke up this morning to the security system beeping incessantly, darkness, and an eerie quiet in the house between beeps. I looked at the blank alarm clock... looked out the window and saw that it was raining...and decided that I did in fact, remember to pay the electric bill; our power was out due to natural causes. What a relief. I crawled back in bed and then 5 minutes later, Marlie came into my room and climbed into bed with me.
"Mommy, what's that beeping noise?"
"Mommy, what's that beeping noise?"
"It's the alarm, but its okay. It will stop soon."
"Make it stop NOW...its scary."
"Make it stop NOW...its scary."
"I can't make it stop. The power is out because of the rain."
"Can I watch Tom and Jerry?"
"No. The tv doesn't work without power."
"Can I have a sausage biscuit?"
"Can I have a sausage biscuit?"
"No. The microwave doesn't work without power either...but you can have cereal and orange juice."
"But I really REALLY want a sausage biscuit. Can I watch Tom and Jerry upstairs?"
"But I really REALLY want a sausage biscuit. Can I watch Tom and Jerry upstairs?"
"No. That tv doesn't work either."
"I want to watch Tom and Jerry really really baaaadddllllyyyy. This is a bad, bad day."
"I want to watch Tom and Jerry really really baaaadddllllyyyy. This is a bad, bad day."
The power finally came back on about 20 minutes before we had to leave for school, so she got to watch a tiny bit of Tom and Jerry, so hopefully her day got a little better. Who knew that missing her favorite morning routine could cause a 3 year old to have a "bad, bad day"? I guess I understand... 36 degrees and raining/snowing. Lovely way to start a Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment