Yesterday, I put Marlie down for her afternoon nap, as usual. About 15 minutes later, she came creeping down the stairs. I saw her and told her to get back in bed.
"But Mommy...there's something in my nose."
I thought that this was an attempt to delay going back to bed.
"Marlie, go get a kleenex and blow your nose and then GET. BACK. IN. BED."

"But Mommy...its NOT a BOOGIE!!"
At this point, I decided maybe I should take a look, so I examined her nostrils and couldn't see a thing, so I got a kleenex and told her to blow.
At this point, I decided maybe I should take a look, so I examined her nostrils and couldn't see a thing, so I got a kleenex and told her to blow.
"But Mommy....I said its NOT a BOOGIE!!"
"Okay, but if there's something in your nose, you need to blow it."
She blew her nose and nothing happened.
"Okay, Marlie. Back to bed."
"NOOOO!! Its still there!!"
"NOOOO!! Its still there!!"
"Marlie, did you put something up your nose?"
(uncomfortably long pause...) "nooooo......"
"Marlie, did you put something up your nose?"
(another long pause...) "idon'tknow..."
"Marlie Kate! Did you put something up your nose?!"
"maybe."
"Okay--what did you put up your nose?"
"nothing...idon't know."
"Okay--blow your nose as hard as you can."
A few seconds and a few blows later, out came a bead...a very LARGE bead.
"Marlie Kate! Why did you put a bead up your nose?"
"idon'tknow."
"Don't ever EVER put anything up your nose!"
"But it just hopped up there!"
"Okay, Marlie. Back to bed...and no more putting anything up your nose OR in your ears OR in your mouth. Understood?"
"Yes ma'm...but I told you it just hopped up there!"
See, I KNEW this day would come, I'm actually surprised it just now came. Carter never put things in his mouth or in any other crevices when he was little, but Marlie...well, Marlie is very very different from Carter. I knew it was only a matter of time, luckily, it didn't have to be removed by a professional, as that would have been ugly. When I say that there's never a dull moment around here, I am SO not kidding...even nap time is dramatic!
1 comment:
hilarous! Glad it didn't get stuck!
Makes me think of the movie "One Fine Day".
Post a Comment