Dinner time in the Fiebiger house is always fun. Sometimes there is just peaceful eating with no complaints, but most of the time, it is a little more than that. There is the occasional fight over the forks, seating arrangements, plates, cups, etc. We also experience at times the usual milk verses water verses orange juice ordeal...and the usual "eat your dinner or you will have NOTHING till breakfast" talk. Sometimes we even have to tell Marlie to stop dancing in her chair and sit down and eat. (That happens more nights than not).
Tonight, however, was very interesting. Here's a review of the pre-dinner drama: "MY HAND IS BLEEDING! I neeeeed a band-aid!"
"Marlie--your hand is not bleeding and you don't need a band-aid."
"But it hurrrrrtssss!"
"I'm sorry it hurts, but its not bleeding."
"I can't eat...it's bleeding!"
Which ended with an ice pack on the hand with some fake cries...then her other personality came out and she was happier than ever and you would have never known anything ever happened. Once that was over, and Marlie had said the prayer, and we finally convinced the kids that they DO, in fact, like pulled pork...the discussion turned to...aliens...the outerspace kind.
The discussion was mostly between the kids with the occasional comment from Chad and I. We learned that Marlie is convinced that aliens exist, while Carter is still unsure. He says that we don't really know for sure, but Marlie had to argue that statement saying that she KNOWS they exist and they live up in heaven and look at the stars and they are nice. Carter, of course, had to correct her saying that if they do exist, they live in outerspace. I don't even know how the conversation got started, but I will say that it ended with Marlie talking about scary bugs and Carter talking about astronauts and how he will be checking out a library book about them next week. Who knows how Marlie ended up with bugs, but either way, the dinner conversation was very entertaining for Chad and I who kept glancing at each other with smiles throughout the whole meal. We are so very blessed to have such entertaining children. A meal with entertainment--table-side...you just can't beat it!
1 comment:
that is so funny because we had the same type of conversation with jake just last week. we really do need to get the kids together they always seem to think alike.
thanks for letting us stay at your house this week. it was so nice to see you guys. i really wish it was longer.
Post a Comment