Living the Life of Lollipops and Laughs

Ever wondered what it would be like to live a life where fingers are almost always sticky, gum in the hair is a usual occurance, and laughter abounds? Well--we're living it!! Maybe you already know that life well, and if so, this blog will take you on a walk down memory lane or maybe let you know that your family isn't all that crazy afterall...
Welcome to Lollipops and Laughs--a daily journal of the life of the Fiebiger family. We hope you will enjoy reading our posts and looking at the pictures. If you drop by, leave a comment...we would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lessons We Learn


I learn so much from the kids every single day...some days I learn exactly where my breaking point is and other days I learn that I take so much for granted. Tonight, I learned to stop and appreciate all that we have. When Carter was saying his prayers tonight before bed, I could tell he was deep in thought. He said his usual things and then he paused; he said "thank you for my bed....and thank you for our roof.....and thank you for our floor so that we don't have to walk on dirt in the house". Talk about a wake up call for me. There's nothing like hearing the prayer of a six year old to put things in perspective. He is such an amazing little boy. I truly learn so much from him. I learn how to be a better mommy; a better person. His tender heart is one that speaks to me. I cherish our relationship and I am so thankful for the lessons that he teaches me. He inspires me.

No comments: